Instagram

Instagram

Saturday 30 March 2013

Review | MUA Sheer Finish Lipglosses

 
Here is my review on the MUA Sheer Finish Lipglosses.
 

Left to Right - Some Me Time, Happy Days, Too Much Fun.
Price - £1.00
Shades - 7
Pigmentation - Light But Buildable.
Places To Buy - MUA Online, Superdrug
 
Packaging - The packaging on these is pretty standard for a squeeze-tube gloss. I do like the design as it's bold, and the writing doesn't rub off very easily, it is quite durable. The colour is clearly indicated on the back of the tube. I also like the fun and happy names of these shades, I think it adds a nice touch now that MUA are naming their products rather than just 'Shade 5', so that is a huge plus as many people love the cute little names that products have. The applicator is just a regular, angled plastic nib, which applies the product nicely.
 
Texture - These feel nice and slick on your lips and not too sticky, but sticky enough so that they are long wearing on your lips. They are quite pigmented, so I'm not sure why the word 'sheer' is on there, for inexpensive lipglosses, these run pigmented. As you an see on my swatches, you can have very full on colour, or you can apply it more sheer to get a more natural effect rather than having full, hot pink lips. They have a very nice colour range that I think will please many different people, due to their personal preferences, or just their skin tone and what looks best on them.
 
When Do I Apply These? - Personally, I like to apply these, or any lip product, at the end of my makeup routine, so I get the most wear out of the lip product so I'm not wasting any and it won't wear off before I have even finished my makeup for the day. However, you could apply this before your eye makeup if you prefer to match your eyes to your lips, where as I personally prefer to match my lips to my eyes, so I'm not just sticking to one lip product and I am using everything I own.
 
I've Applied Too Much! - Don't worry! Take a tissue, and like you would do for lipstick, just blot over your lips. This will remove the excess product which will also prolong the wear of your lipgloss, as you don't have any extra, un-needed product on your lips which will slide off, with the rest of your colour. Also, you can just, if you haven't got access to tissue at that particular moment, just blend it in with your finger, this will basically do the same as the tissue, but a lot easier and faster to do as you don't need to look for tissue.
 
Would I Recommend These? - I would definitely! I think these are amazing for the price, at £1.00 you really can't do wrong. I do think that the shades are all very nice and, as these are still quite new, I think as a first batch of colours, they have made the needs of many skin toned women.
 
Hope This Helps!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment